The ultimate measure of a person is not where they stand in moments of comfort and convenience, but where they stand at times of challenge. The most glorious moments in your life are not the so-called days of success, but rather those days when you dig deep and rise to face a challenge head-on.
Today is one of those days.
Calling all members of the Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard, first responders and civilians. You serve your country with courage. You've made sacrifices. You've worked hard to get (and stay) in top physical condition, and now is your chance to show us what you're made of.
Get ready to go head to head against your fellow service members (active duty, veterans and civilian) in our newest challenge, the TRX Force: Mission Readiness Challenge. Designed to test the mettle of even the toughest service member, this challenge consists of the following four exercises:
- TRX hamstring curls
- TRX low rows
- TRX lunges (each leg)
- TRX atomic pikes
Each is performed for one minute or until failure, with a 30-second rest between sets. Think you're ready for the challenge? Here to show us how it's done is MMA athlete Brian "All-American" Stann, a former U.S. Marine and Naval Academy graduate.
Feeling inspired? Record your own video of you taking on the challenge, post it to the TRX Force Facebook page and leave your score in the caption or comment section. (Add up the total number of reps performed for each exercise to get your score.) A TRX team member will review your video and follow up with your official score via Facebook. Official scores will be added to the leaderboard.
The leaderboard will be updated each week until the contest ends. At the end of the contest on Nov. 30, we'll select the top scorer from each branch to win the following killer prizes:
- A meet-and-greet session with Stann. A decorated Marine who completed two tours in Iraq, Stann has been training relentlessly to contest for the middleweight title, taking his functional training regimen to another level.
- An all-expenses-paid trip to Camp Pendleton, California, to compete in the TRX Force: Mission Readiness Challenge championship against the top scorers in the other branches. This is your chance to represent (for active duty/veterans only).
- A trip to TRX headquarters in San Francisco to train at our world-class training center with the creators of TRX training (for civilians only). Get hands-on instruction from the masters. We guarantee your training will never be the same.
- The TRX Force Kit, the best-in-class, lightweight, all-body training system developed in the Navy SEALs to build mobility, strength, power and core stability anywhere. Get the same training used pervasively throughout the military and by first responders and MMA fighters.
The grand-prize winner will win the following*:
Airfare and tickets for two to see a UFC fight.
The TRX Force: Mission Readiness Challenge Trophy.
Bragging rights in knowing you are the most functionally fit service member in the TRX community, which at last count was well more than 100,000 individuals. Respect.
- TRX Move #1 - Spiderman Push-up
- TRX Move #2 - Resisted Torso Rotation
- TRX Move #3 - Pull Press
- TRX Move #4 - Pull-up
- TRX Move #5 - Hip Throw
- TRX Move #6 - Triceps Press
Want to Learn More About Military Life?
Whether you're thinking of joining the military, looking for fitness and basic training tips, or keeping up with military life and benefits, Military.com has you covered. Subscribe to Military.com to have military news, updates and resources delivered directly to your inbox.