Military.com has compiled a list of Veterans Day discounts on restaurants, goods, services and events for 2022. Click below to search for discounts by category. Visit daily as the list is updated frequently!
Popular Veterans Day Restaurant Discounts
- Chicken Salad Chick -- On November 11, veterans and active-duty military will receive a free meal at all locations.
- Hoss's Steak and Sea House -- Veterans and active duty service members receive 20% off any meal and beverage purchase on November 11.
Popular Veterans Day Retail Discounts
- Sport Clips -- On November 11, participating locations will provide free haircuts to veterans and active-duty service members with valid proof of service.
- Rack Room Shoes -- Military personnel and their dependents get a 20% discount off their entire purchase in store on November 11.
- Grace for Vets -- Car washes from around the world who join this program offer free car washes to veterans and service members on November 11.
Popular Veterans Day Travel & Recreation Discounts
- Akron Zoo -- Veterans, past and current, receive free admission with valid military ID, and immediate family members receive 50% off admission, November 9 through 13.
- True REST Float Spa -- Active-duty military members and veterans get a free 60-minute float therapy session on the 11th of every month, including November 11. All spa locations will close on Veterans Day to the public to serve service members.
- Mount Vernon -- All active-duty, former, or retired military personnel are admitted for free on November 11.
All of the Veterans Day discounts featured by Military.com have been confirmed, either through press release or direct communication with the company.
Keep in mind that to access your Veterans Day discounts most businesses require proof of military service.
What identification do you need to prove that you're a veteran?
If you’re an active duty military member, reservist member of the National Guard or military retiree, the easiest way to access Veterans Day discounts is to use your military ID card.
For veterans who receive Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health benefits, the VA benefits photo ID card should serve as easy proof of veteran status at most businesses.
If you don’t have a VA benefits card, the VA can provide you with a Veterans ID Card. Rolled-out in 2017, the Veterans ID Card program allows all honorably discharged veterans to apply for online and receive by mail a card meant to function as proof of service. While not an official form of government ID, most businesses accept it as proof of service. Learn more about getting a Veterans ID Card.
Some states include veteran status on their state ID cards and drivers licenses, offering another ID card option for veterans looking to show businesses proof that they served.
And, if all else fails, most businesses will accept a copy of your DD-214 as proof of service.
Note: Not all franchise locations participate in their national chain's Veterans Day programs -- be sure to contact your nearest establishment to make sure they are participating.
Related: Veterans - experience the benefits of a VA Loan. Start your quote today.