The following loan documentation, in sequence, must be submitted under the IRRRL procedure:
1. Lender's cover letter (if used).
2. VA Form 26-0285, VA Transmittal List.
3. VA Form 26-0286, VA Loan Summary Sheet.
4. VA Form 26-8320, Certificate of Eligibility.
5. VA Form 26-8998, Acknowledgment of Receipt of Funding Fee from Mortgagee, or (if applicable) VA Form 26-0500, Notification to Mortgagee of Funding Fee Shortage to Mortgagee , or evidence borrower is exempt.
6. Statement signed by the veteran acknowledging the effect of the refinancing loan on the veteran's loan payments and interest rate. (The statement must show the interest rate and monthly payments for the new loan versus that for the old loan. If applicable, the veteran's statement may be combined with the lender's certification that the veteran qualifies for the new monthly payment which exceeds the previous payment by 20 percent or more.)
7. VA Form 26-8923, Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing Loan Worksheet . (Include CAIVRS number in the notes area.)
8. VA Form 26-1820, Report and Certification of Loan Disbursement .
9. VA Form 26-8937, Verification of VA Benefit Related Indebtedness (if applicable).
10. HUD-1 Settlement Statement.
11. VA Form 26-0503, Federal Collection Policy Notice.
12. Lender's certification that the prior loan was current (not 30 days or more past due) at the time of application and at the time of loan closing.
13. Documentation of the cost of energy efficiency improvements included in the loan. For cash reimbursement of the veteran, the improvements must have been completed within the 90 days immediately preceding the date of the loan.
14. Any other necessary documents.
Take the Next Step
If you're ready to move forward, or just want more information, the first step is to get no-obligation rate quotes.