Job Zone will produce a veterans job fair Feb. 16, 2017, at the American Legion in Springfield, Virginia.
The first half of the job fair is only open for military and veterans with an active security clearance, and will go from 10 a.m. to noon. However, the job fair is open to all job seekers from noon to 2 p.m.
If you're considering attending the job fair, it's always a good idea to first do some research on the companies attending.
As an example of a couple of the companies you will find at the February Job Zone career fair, you should know Booz Allen Hamilton is a company well-known for management consulting, with a focus on engineering, technology and analytics.
Addx Corporation, which will also be at the job fair, caters to the government in the form of management consulting, technology and engineering.
Other organizations you will find at this job fair include the Virginia Department of Transportation, Job Zone and Trident University, There is also an anointed words resume seminar.
The job-fair website lists the following information and advice to prepare you for the job fair:
- Bring copies of your resume. Drop off copy of resume (required) at registration table.
- Professional dress is required (or military uniform).
Note: Job Zone/registration table will use discretion for turning away attendees who are not appropriately dressed. (No mini-skirts, tennis shoes, sandals or T-shirts are allowed.)
- Register and post a link of your resume online.
- Visit www.JobZoneOnline.com.
- Visit the website for updates on exhibitors.
- Click on Complete Schedule. Click on Belvoir-Springfield. Scroll down for a listing of companies.
- Each company is linked with more information.
- All pre-registered candidates will receive a copy of the floor plan and listing of companies and details on job requirements prior to the event.
- Be sure to revisit the website for the latest company listing and job descriptions the day before attending the event to be better prepared.
Find this job-fair information and more information on job fairs at Military.com.
Want to Know More About the Military?
Be sure to get the latest news about the U.S. military, as well as critical info about how to join and all the benefits of service. Subscribe to Military.com and receive customized updates delivered straight to your inbox.