The salary website Payscale.com has announced its top-20 list for top employers of former service members, and as you would expect, companies that have contracts with the Defense Department and federal government rank highly on the list.
"A key skill that military people have going for them is that they understand how to work with the government and the military," said Al Lee, PayScale director of quantitative analysis.
Lee says that the top 20 employers fall under three industry categories:
- Weapons and defense contracting
- Working for the government directly
Aerospace and Defense
- Salary range for aerospace engineer: $50,000-$126,000
Weapons and Security
- Salary range for technology manager: $44,000-$140,000
- Salary range for analyst: $55,000-$100,000
For the full list of Payscale.com's top 20 employers, with links to the latest job openings available at these companies, see below.
Top 20 Employers of Military Veterans
- Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- L3 Communications
- U.S. Government/Defense Department
- BAE Systems Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
- CACI International Inc.
- The Boeing Company
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Allied Barton Security Services Inc.
- Raytheon Company
- Securitas Security Services USA Inc.
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Exelon Corporation
- General Dynamics Corporation
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Stryker Corporation
Want to Know More About the Military?
Be sure to get the latest news about the U.S. military, as well as critical info about how to join and all the benefits of service. Subscribe to Military.com and receive customized updates delivered straight to your inbox.