A survey conducted by Army Wife Network of nearly 2,000 military spouses revealed some interesting findings when it comes to celebrating and appreciating the military spouse. Participants were asked to vote on (or add) their favorite item that would be included in a military spouse appreciation care package.
As expected, many voted for the package to include their husband. Even though we know there are hundreds of USPS Flat Rate boxes out there, I'm pretty sure that's not possible.
But what wasn’t expected was how many spouses said they want practical gifts -- things like a day at the spa, help with housing cleaning, child care, dinner, help with automobiles and, of course, lawn care.
Is there a way to meld these practical wants with a care package? I think so. That’s why I took these practical "needs" to a whole new level and created some very fun gift ideas for you to celebrate the special military spouse in your life with in a military care package. Feel free to adjust -- or leave out entirely -- any suggested gift cards based on your budget.
Military Spouse Care Package: Precious Car – Go!
- Car soap
- Tire cleaner foam
- Paper towels
- Febreeze for autos
- Hanging car air freshener
- Certificate for an oil change
- Gas Card
- Certificate for a car wash or car detailing
- Package this in a bucket with a large sponge
Military Spouse Care Package: Spa Day
- Nail polish (several fun colors)
- Polish remover
- Cotton balls
- Nail file, clippers, etc.
- Toe separators
- Massage oil/lotion
- Skincare (masque, exfoliator, etc.)
- Robe or slippers
- Certificate for a mani/pedi or massage
- Package this in a pretty gift bag with tissue paper
Military Spouse Care Package: Household 6
- Fancy cleaning gloves, broom, dustpan
- Name brand (you know the ones you wouldn't spend money on yourself) cleaning supplies
- Microfiber towel
- Candle or Reed diffuser
- Certificate for housecleaning
- Package this in a plastic cleaning caddy
Military Spouse Care Package: Date Night
- Movie rental coupon
- Microwave popcorn
- Canned soda
- Movie candy
- Certificate for a local restaurant or fast food joint
Military Spouse Care Package: Yard & Garden Party
- Seed packets or flowers
- Potting soil
- Miracle Grow
- Garden gloves
- Knee pads
- Fun garden hat
- Sprayer nozzle
- Certificate for lawn maintenance
- Package items in a planter or large pot with garden tools
Military Spouse Care Package: Gift of Service
An easy way to spruce up any package or a great idea for the budget conscience is to give the gift of your own service. Use your creativity to make a printable coupon book or visit this site and do them for free.
No time to put together a package? Visit the Military.com discount center for great gift ideas.
Keep Up with the Ins and Outs of Military Life
For the latest military news and tips on military family benefits and more, sign up for a free Military.com membership and have the information you need delivered directly to your inbox.