Have a question about how to find or redeem a discount? Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding our Discounts Channel:
Adding and Uploading Military Discounts
- I want to share a deal. How can I upload a discount to Military.com?
- I want to update a previously shared discount. How can I share a discount update to Military.com?
- What is the difference between a discount code and a printable coupon?
- What does "Valid Military ID required" mean? What is a valid military ID?
Searching for and Redeeming Military Discounts
- I can't find a coupon for [Merchant or Brand]. Help!
- I bookmarked a coupon, and now I can't find it. Where did it go?
- How do I use a coupon code?
- What if there is no coupon code?
Adding and Uploading Discounts to Military.com
1. I want to share a discount. How can I upload a discount to Military.com?
Currently, we are accepting military discounts through our discount submission form. In order for us to include your discount, we will need the following information:
- Headline for your Discount (50 character max)
- Description of your Discount (3 paragraphs max)
- Is a valid military ID required?
- Which demographic (i.e., military status) is the discount available to? Currently, the various status include Active Duty, Retirees, Veterans, Reserve/National Guard or Military Dependents. You may select as many as you like.
- Is there a start and/or expiration date?
- How can an individual obtain the discount? Do they have to stop by in person, can they shop online, or can they select either option? Please provide either a link on your site where users can review to confirm the discount. This must be provided to include the discount.
- Which category(ies) does the discount belong to? You must provide at least one that is showing up in our Category page. However, we are always expanding our category listings. Please let us know if your discount can belong in a different category, and we will consider your request based on need and demand.
- Please include your name and any contact information in the event we need to follow up with you.
- Include a logo with an at least 3:2 (width:height) ratio in the highest number of pixels you can provide. If possible, we request the image is at least 900x600 pixels.
Please note: we reserve the right to determine which discounts we accept for inclusion on Military.com
2. I want to update a previously shared discount. How can I share a discount update to Military.com?
Due to the volume of discount submissions received by Military.com, we cannot make minor updates to published discounts more than once every 30 business days. Please take care when submitting your discounts. Adjustments such as changes to submitted verbiage, descriptions and titles will not be accepted outside that time frame. Major adjustments, such as discount amount change or discount discontinuation, will be considered more frequently on a case-by-case basis.
3. Are you a veteran or military spouse-owned business? We thank you for all you do and welcome you to include your discount on our site. Please submit your information through our military discount submission form.
4. What is the difference between a discount code and a printable coupon?
Discount codes are for online purchases and printable coupons are for in-store purchases.
A coupon or promotional discount code is a series of numbers and letters the consumer enters when making an online purchase. The discount will clearly indicate there is a code associated with it. You’ll be able to copy the code before you shop. The code then subtracts the stated discount on the item.
A printable coupon is much like the ones found in Sunday newspapers, except they can be downloaded and printed at home. If the discount has a printable coupon, it will clearly ask you to “Print Coupon.” You will have the opportunity to open and review the coupon before you print.
5. What does "Valid Military ID required" mean? What is a valid military ID?
Almost all of our discounts require the user to show proof that they are a military member, military retiree, veteran or military family member.
A “Valid Military ID” or veteran ID is an identity document issued by the United States Department of Defense or Department of Veterans Affairs to identify a person as a member of the armed forces or a member's dependent, such as a child or spouse.
The primary types of U.S. military ID cards being issued today are the Common Access Card, or CAC (for active-duty members of the military or current members of the Guard or Reserve), the DD Form 2 and Department of Defense Form 1173 (for retirees and dependents). The DD Form 2 is commonly confused with the DD 1173 (as they are similar in appearance); however, they are two separate forms. The DD Form 2 form number is appended with one of five codes to denote branch of service (A, AF, N, MC or CG).
Proof of service for veterans can be more complicated. Many businesses accept a copy of a Form DD-214 as proof of service. Veterans can also use a VA-issued health and benefits ID card as proof of service. Additionally, the VA now offers honorably discharged veterans of all eras, regardless of disability rating, a free, printed ID card to use as proof of service at private businesses. Learn how to obtain a VA ID card.
You may be asked to subscribe or “opt” into a free membership with a third party in order to obtain each discount. At Military.com, our members’ privacy and personal information is of absolute importance to us. Our main purpose is to compile and provide in one place the best military discounts available today.
As is mentioned on each discount, we have done our best to ensure accuracy of each discount, but are not liable for the availability of any discounts provided by a third party. The third party will do its own verification of military status, not Military.com. Therefore, please be sure to read all fine print and make sure you are comfortable providing any personal information to a third party before obtaining the discount.
Searching for and Redeeming Discounts
1. I can't find a discount for [Merchant or Brand]. Help!
If you are searching for a coupon for a specific store or brand, and you cannot find it using the search bar, you can also try to look up the store or brand using our Merchants page. Additionally, you may search our Categories page.
Know of a military discount, and you would like us to include it? Email us!
2. I bookmarked a discount and now I can't find it. Where did it go?
If a military discount or coupon has an expiration date, or has been flagged as spam, broken or not a real discount, it will be removed from our site. Generally speaking, those are the only reasons a coupon will be removed.
It is possible, however, that our current update to the Discounts Channel has redirected you elsewhere. Please note that the discounts now shown on the Discounts Channel are military-centric offers, so we may no longer display the type of discount you bookmarked. We may have also redirected you to a more generic page that is not as relevant to the discount. We have a complete listing of all of our discounts either by merchant or by category. If we have kept the discount, you will be able to find it by either source.
3. How do I use a Discount Code?
Some online discounts require the use of a coupon or discount code. A discount code is a short string of letters and/or numbers that you must enter into the store website in order to receive the associated discount.
Typically, you enter the coupon code on the shopping cart page, or as one of the steps in the check out process. It is easy to make typos or confuse letters and numbers, such as the letter O and the number 0, or the letter I and the number 1. Each discount clearly indicates whether a coupon code is needed. You will have the opportunity to “copy” the code before clicking on the “Redeem Online” strip right below the code that takes you to the merchant’s website for shopping.
4. What if there is no Coupon or Discount Code?
Many discount offers do not have a coupon code associated with them. The majority of our discounts will be available only for "In-Store" purchase, where you will need to show a valid military or veteran ID, depending on the discount.
For other online discounts, there is often a special link, and simply clicking on the “Redeem Online” strip is all that is necessary to receive the discount. Sometimes, you are taken to a landing page that describes the discount you will receive, with further instructions on how to redeem the discount online. Other times, the link will register your online coupon, but you will not see the discount until you add the items to your shopping cart and then view the shopping cart. We hope to make the process as simple as possible so you’re not clicking on multiple links to start shopping.
We will be sure to update this FAQ article as features and functionalities become available. If you have any concerns or issues, please let us know.
Stay Up-to-Date With Military Discounts
Want the scoop on military discounts? From travel to phones and everything in between, troops, military families and veterans can stay on top of military discounts. Sign up for a free Military.com membership to get full access.