A team from Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division has figured out how to modify a weapons loader for the F-35B's new Guided Bomb Unit weapon system. When the Marine Corps chose the Guided Bomb Unit-49 (GBU) weapon system for the F-35B, it needed a piece of equipment to load the weapon onto the aircraft. The conduit on the GBU-49 did not fit the current weapons loader, prompting the team from NAWCAD Lakehurst to modify the adapter. The modification was needed for the system to work but also to ensure the safety of personnel responsible for loading weapons onto the aircraft. Thanks to the change, the GBU-49 was delivered on schedule in November. Read more on Navy.mil.
Naval Air Warfare Center Team Adapts Weapons Loader for F-35B
Current issue of the Military Report
- VA Won't Ramp Up Security After Rash of Suicides on Premises. Here's Why.
- Military Exchanges Tune Out TV News Due to 'Divisive Political Nature'
- Lawmaker Renews Push to Get Vietnam-Era Airman Medal of Honor
- VA Looks to Create Artificial Organs, Even Bones, With 3D Printing
- Is SGLI Enough? $100k Coverage from Just $7 a Month
- The Coast Guard Is Giving Away 4 Historic Florida Keys Lighthouses
- Army Launches Registry for Troops, Families with Housing-Related Health Issues
- Join City National Bank and Let Your Military Experience Shine
- Airmen Face Challenges Buying New OCP Uniforms
- Rates Are Rising: Use Your $0 Down VA Loan Benefit Now
- Shanahan Launches New Task Force on Military Sexual Assault
- Eliminate Out of Pocket Costs with a Tricare Supplement
- Commissary's Spring Sidewalk Program Offers Savings
- Incentives Aim to Reduce Pilot Attrition
- Damaged USS Fitzgerald Leaves Dry Dock After 15 Months of Repairs
- Dolphins from the USS Thresher Passed On
- Army May Add More Security Measures to Online Systems
- Oldest Military Units Conduct Joint Muster
- Soldiers Save 4 After Plane Crash
- Soldiers in South Korea Awarded for Fighting Fire
- Marine Diversity Office Changes Name